ELearning has come a long way since the advent of the Internet, and the benefits associated with delivery of courses and training online seem like a no brainer.
The system that delivers elearning is often referred to Learning Management System or LMS. EDUHQ is a first mover in online education and the benefits and advantages associated with the systems that it adopts are as follows.
The Benefits of ELearning & LMS
1. Scalable – Elearning enables us to quickly create and communicate new policies, training, ideas, and concepts. Be it for entertainment or formal education, elearning is quick to adopt and extremely agile!
2. Capacity and Consistency – Using elearning allows educators to achieve a great degree of coverage for their target audience, and it ensures that the message is communicated in a consistent fashion. This results in all learners receiving the same training.
3. High Learning Retention – Blended learning approaches result in a higher knowledge retention rate. It also helps that coursework can be refreshed and updated whenever needed.
4. Time and Money Savings – This one is pretty well known, and a staple of any well-done elearning program. Elearning reduces time away from the workplace, eliminates the need for travel, and removes the need for classroom-based training.
Sure it also saves you money, but an LMS is a critical time-saver. No need to coordinate schedules of individuals via email or some other means. All related schedules, registrations, and documents reside in one location.
5. Activity and ROI Measurements – If you are using a learning management system to deliver your elearning, then tracking learner progress is a piece-of-cake, and reporting on this activity is just as simple.
6. Reduction of the Carbon Footprint – By leveraging elearning for online testing and quizzing, the need for printing out paper-based assessments is reduced, in fact it’s practically eliminated altogether!
7. Flexible – Using elearning, you can give employees and students the freedom to learn at their own convenience, and at a pace that is right for them. Staff can be trained in remote locations and in a consistent fashion as anyone receiving on-site training.
An LMS is flexible to any schedule. There is no need to schedule training rooms, materials, or even trainers. An LMS can work at anytime and often anywhere.
8. An LMS allows for consistency in delivery. Unlike a live trainer, an LMS will deliver the training in a consistent manner to everyone, every single time. This ensures that all learners can hear the same message.
9. An LMS provides valuable training insights. Using the reporting features in an LMS, you know when, where, how long and how often your learners are accessing the content.
10. Anytime, Anywhere And Anyhow? Well, this is so obvious now that people leave it out when considering the benefits of ELearning. Students who for reasons beyond their control, such as sickness, etc., can now attend classes online to compensate for their absence. Even if it is within their control, well, they can study as and when they like. Students who are fast learners can accelerate their studies whilst students who maybe slow can study online as many times as they like.
EDUHQ is now embarking on more advanced ELearning management systems using VR (Virtual Reality) or AR or Augmented Reality. We have implemented trial classes utilizing our SUBER REALITY SYSTEM and we promise you as we have before, these are exciting times for ELearning.